Since March of last year, Costco has been proactive about adjusting its policies to best suit its customers during the Pandemic. Initially, Costco Senior hours were set for 9:00 am – 10:00 am. They were talking about discontinuing it all together last week, however, that has changed and it’s been adjusted to Tuesdays and Thursdays only from 9:00 am – 10:00 am. This goes into effect on July 26th, 2021 with no set termination date.
With covid cases still rising, Costco felt this is the best way to ensure safety and maintain liability for their business and members.
Members over 60, Costco members who are healthcare workers (which includes pharmacists and all hospital employees with a hospital ID) and first responders (police officers, EMTs, and firefighters) and Immunocompromised members qualify for these early-bird hours.
Normal business hours are still 10 am – 8:30 pm. Hours vary in California and Hawaii locations.
Until July 26, Special Operating Hours may vary depending on location. See below for U.S. Costco locations with varying Special Operating Hours:
- California Locations:
- Culver City, CA: Special Operating Hours are 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday
- The following Los Angeles locations’ Special Operating Hours are from 9 to 10 a.m., Sunday through Friday, and 8:30 on Saturdays:
- Los Feliz, Northridge, Pacoima, Van Nuys, Woodland Hills
- Richmond, CA: Special Operating Hours are from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Iwilei (Honolulu), HI: Special Operating Hours are from 8 to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Not sure about the mask policy? Costco is only enforcing it based on your state or local jurisdictions’ requirements.
If you need Masks, you can often find great deals on them regularly in-store or online.