Costco is best known for selling bulk items at low prices. Still, the Costco Photo Center was also a popular destination for anyone looking for high-quality photos at great value.
In recent years, Costco has significantly changed its photo services, so customers may be wondering: is Costco still doing photos? The answer is yes!
Costco’s Photo Center remains an excellent place to get professional-grade photos, whether you’re looking for prints, enlargements, or even holiday cards.
The best part is that Costco’s prices are still very competitive, making it an excellent option for Costco members.
Costco is still your best bet if you need a new passport photo or just want to print out some old family photos.
What Changed With Costco Photo Center?
Costco’s decision to shutter its photo centers across the country comes as no surprise, given the ubiquity of digital photography. In an era when everyone has a high-quality camera in their pocket at all times, there’s simply less need for professional photo services.
Costco’s photo center closures will undoubtedly be disappointing for some members who relied on the convenience of in-store ordering and same-day pickup.
As a result, they removed all in-store Photo Centers in February of 2021.
However, Costco still provides photo printing and shipping services through its online photo lab. So, while the era of Costco 1-hour photos is over for Costco Members, the company is not abandoning printing services altogether.
Does Costco Offer Online Printing?
Costco is known for its vast selection of bulk items, but the Costco Photo Center is often overlooked. Costco Photo Center still offers a variety of services, including online printing.
Costco members can easily upload their photos and order prints from the comfort of their homes through the app or website.
The prints are then mailed to the customer’s home address. Costco also offers a wide range of photo gifts, such as mugs, blankets, and more.
In addition, the Costco Photo Center provides various services for businesses, including custom printing and branding.
So, whether you’re looking for a personal or professional printing service, Costco still offers them to its members.
Why Did Costco Close Their In-Store Photo Labs?
Costco is one of the leading retailers in the United States, and it’s no surprise that its photo center is top-rated among customers. Costco offers high-quality prints and enlargements at very affordable prices, making it an excellent option for people who want to save money on their photos.
However, in 2021 Costco decided to close its in-store photo labs, leaving many customers wondering why. Costco has cited the rise of digital photography as the primary reason for closing the labs.
With more people taking and storing their photos electronically, there is less need for traditional prints.
Costco also noted that most of their customers were using online ordering for their photo needs, and the in-store labs were becoming underutilized. While it’s disappointing that Costco’s in-store photo lab is no longer an option, given the current trends in photography, it’s understandable.
How To Print With Costco Photo
Costco is a one-stop shop for many things, including photo services. For example, Costco Photo Center offers a wide range of options for printing photos, from standard prints to enlargements and even canvas prints. What’s more, Costco offers competitive pricing and fast turnaround times.
Here’s a guide to making the most of Costco Photo Center’s services.
- Register or sign into your account; note this is not connected to your costco.com account.
- To start, gather the photos you want to print. This can be done electronically by uploading files to the Costco Photo Center website or downloading the Costco app that requires your membership.
- Once your photos are ready, choose the type of prints you want and the quantity. Costco offers a variety of sizes, ranging from standard 4×6 patterns to more enormous enlargements.
- You can also select from various finishes, including glossy, matte, or even canvas.
- After you’ve made your selections, simply place your order and wait for your prints to arrive. In most cases, Costco Photo Center typically gets orders within 5-12 business days.
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy way to print photos or you want to create something more unique, Costco Photo Center is still a fantastic option. Its wide range of products and competitive member-exclusive pricing make it an excellent resource for businesses and personal projects.
Costco photo products and prices
The website lists products below, with shipping included in smaller orders up to 11×14.
Greeting Cards – Starts at $13.99
They offer both stationary cards starting at $16.49 for 25
- Double-sided printing
- Square or rounded corners
- Envelopes with return and recipient addresses included
And Photo Cards start at $13.99 for 50.
- $5.49 per additional set of 25
- Luster finish
- Envelopes included
Acrylic Prints $43.99+
You can create beautiful home décor with modern acrylic prints. They are sleek and noticeable. The images are colorful and look great from edge to edge. The ink is UV resistant so that the photos will stay bright for a long time. All sizes come ready to hang and will look great in any room.
- The .22″ thick optically clear acrylic produces brilliant color
- Features superb image quality from edge to edge
- UV-resistant ink prevents fading
- All sizes are ready to hang
Metal Prints $33.99+
Metal photo prints are a great way to add sophistication and elegance to your home or office. You can personalize the metal panel with your favorite photo for a polished addition to any room. Metal panels are available in two sizes: 24″x18″ and 36″x24″. The aluminum is infused with UV-resistant ink and features a glossy coating and rounded edges for an added touch of style.
- Your photo is infusedintoo a 3/64″ thick aluminum panel
- Features a glossy coating and rounded edges
- UV-resistant ink prevents fading
- All sizes are ready to hang
Canvas Prints $28.99+
Canvas Photo Prints prints your favorite photos onto artist-quality canvas. You can choose different sizes, create a family photo wall, or give a great gift that will last for years. The prints are printed on giclée canvas and have UV light protection to stop them from fading or cracking. They’re easy to clean and ready to hang.
Photo Books 12×12 Layflat $39.99
- It starts at 30 pages
- Maximum 100 pages
- Allows your photo book to ‘lay flat’, not interrupting photos that cross the center fold
- Choose from a variety of themes.
- Add your captions and photos to a selection of professional layouts
- Printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Album HD Paper
- Includes a laminated cover for added protection
Create custom photo calendars to keep your cherished memories close all year round. Choose a stylish theme, and personalize the layouts and backgrounds with your favorite photos.
Each month can feature a different picture, and you can also highlight special occasions. The calendars are printed on a superior quality card stock when you order the $19.99 calendar.
- Premium calendars are printed on a superior quality card stock
- Choose from a variety of stylish themes and customize the layouts and backgrounds
- Design each month with a different photo and highlight special occasions
- Sizes from 4×6 starting at .11 up to 20×30.
- They also offer colleges.
Other products offered are Blankets, Photo Mugs, Plaques, Banners, and Passports.
Also, note they do not offer 35mm film printing anymore.
Alternatives to Costco’s Photo Services
Online photo printing alternatives include Snapfish, Shutterfly, Tinyprints, CVS, and Walgreens.
Other Costco Services
Costco Photo Prints offer a great selection of gift items, personalized cards, photo books, and more. So if you’re looking for high-quality prints at an affordable price, be sure to check out Costco Photo.