Two weeks ago I did a meal deal comparision at Tops and Aldi and we have another one. The post was so popular I decided to compare each time there is a meal deal! You guys love the price comparisons so I will try my best to give you what you want 🙂
You have probably heard of the meal deals at Tops where they have you buy a package of meat and you get a certain number of items for free. Many of the times I skip over these because the items are just things our family doesn’t eat or things that are so cheap on their own it’s not worth spending the extra money on meat. It seems they are improving the items in these meal deals.
Let’s start by looking at what you get in the meal deal valid at Tops Markets 5/8-5/14. For price comparison the retail price will be next to the item.
- Buy 1 Pack of Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops ( Smithfield Brand so if you have a coupon you can use it on this! There were some in magazines sent in the March editions, Parents, Better Homes and Garden, Family Circle- I gave $1/1 coupons away at my presentation on Meal Planning!) These are 4 lbs or more. The cheapest you can get is 4 lbs. at $19.96
- Steamables Russet Potatoes 24 oz. $2.99
- Fresh Express Garden Salad 12 oz. $1.79
- Bush’s Baked Beans 16 oz. $1.50
- Tops Applesauce 23-24 oz. $2
- Tops Crescent Rolls 8 oz.
- Pillsbury Cake or Brownie Mix $1.69
- Tops 2 Liter Soda $0.89
- Ken’s Salad Dressing $2
Now you would get all the items after the pork FREE at Tops.
Total Spent: $19.96
Here’s the cost if you bought all the items at Aldi- of course these will be Aldi brand. These prices are from the Batavia, NY store.
- Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops $3.49/lb. $13.96
- Salad Mix 12 oz. $0.69
- Tuscan Gardens Salad Dressing $1.29
- Baked Beans 22 oz. $1.39 – to compare to Tops smaller ounce size we will look at unit price which makes this $0.96
- Applesauce 24 oz. $1.39
- Steamables Potatoes $2.49
- Crescent Rolls $1.49
- Cake Mix- $0.99 Brownie Mix was $1.99
- 2 Liter Soda $0.79- But I only saw Cola variety
Total Spent at Aldi- $24.05
Total Spent at Tops- $19.96! We are in a non-earning gas points period but like the last meal deal comparision we were earning gas points which means it is less again at Tops. If you have a Smithfield pork coupon it’s a BETTER Bargain at Tops- AGAIN!
Your Savings by shopping at Tops- $4.09!
THE WINNER: TOPS MARKETS!
Check out the items you should NOT buy at Aldi this week because they are cheaper at Tops here!
Will you be shopping at Tops this week instead of Aldi?