One of the things I love about saving money is choosing the store that gives me a better price. If you agree be sure to click around the blog I have lots of price comparisons for retailers in Western New York.
This week we have a meal deal at Tops Markets featuring ground beef. Many times the meat is expensive but something magically happens when you add in the 11 free items. If you missed the other meal deal comparisons you can check those out here. Spoiler alert: Tops was cheaper!
So let’s see what we have for this week shall we?
Let’ start by looking at what you get in the meal deal valid at Tops Markets 6/12-6/18. For price comparison the retail price will be next to the item.
- Buy 1 Pack of Ground Beef 80% Lean 4 – 5 lb. pack $3.99/lb. Saw a pack for $19.31 ( That’s 4.84 lb.)
- Tops Mexican or Taco Shredded Cheese 8 oz. $2.50
- Mission Restaurant Style Soft Tacos $1.50
- McCormick Taco Seasoning $1.00
- Sugardale Meat Franks $1.79
- Hamburger or Hot dog Rolls 11 oz.
- 2 Liter Tops Pop $0.89
- Hunt’s Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce $1.79
- Fresh Express Premium Romaine Salad $2.50
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Duncan Hines Classic or Signature Cake Mix
Now you would get all the items after the ground beef FREE at Tops.
Total Spent: $19.30
You can also use the $0.25 rebate offer on bread with Ibotta. New Users sign up here to get $10 in your account once you redeem one offer. This order could potentially be only $9 for you if you are new to Ibotta!
Here’s the cost if you bought all the items at Aldi- of course these will be Aldi brand. These prices are from the Batavia, NY store.
- Ground Beef 80% lean $2.99/lb. x 4.84 lbs.
- Soft Taco Shells- $1.69
- Taco Seasoning- $0.35
- Beef Hot Dogs 16 oz. $1.99
- Hamburger/Hot Dog Buns 11 oz. $0.99
- 2 Liter Soda- $0.79
- Sloppy Joe Can/Mix -$0.79
- Mexican Shredded Cheese $2.49
- Cake Mix- $0.99
- Romaine Salad Kit-$1.99
Total Spent at Aldi- $26.54
Total Spent at Tops- $19.31! And you will earn 1 gaspoint for every dollar spent and you can use the Ibotta app to save even more on no brand items and produce!
Your Savings by shopping at Tops- $7.23!
THE WINNER: TOPS MARKETS!
Check out all my price comparisons here.
Will you be shopping at Tops this week instead of Aldi?