For about two months I was told my daughter was allergic to dairy. Not a sensitivity they told me allergic. It was during a very stressful time while we were on our spending freeze. My whole shopping had to change. She was breaking out in rashes and so congested and wheezing. It was a very stressful time. Two months later we saw an allergist and she was skin tested and had zero allergies. The craziest thing all her symptoms stopped as well. The allergist was concerned about her rash and wanted to see us in a few weeks after eliminating soaps and such. The rash didn’t come back after that. I have no idea what it was but for three straight months it was a battle.
It can be hard enough to find lunchbox fillers you and your kids agree on when your child doesn’t have food allergies and sensitivities. When they do, it’s downright daunting. We get it. That’s why BJ’s is working hard to simplify their allergy labeling.
BJ’s new Wellsley Farms labels the allergens are in bold to make them stand out. You can also find a bold sentence indicating if an item contains allergens or if it might contain allergens because these were present in the facility where it was produced.
Below is a list of kid and allergy friendly snack options at the club to help you have a smooth transition for Back to School.
- Milk & Cookies: Horizon Lowfat Vanilla Milk with Wellsley Farms Animal Crackers ( $4.99). Best for these allergies: Soy, fish, Shellfish, Peanuts and Tree Nuts
( We have a nice coupon stack on this milk currently here.)
- Cheese & Crackers: Harvest Stone Organic Original Brown Rice, Sesame and Flax Crackers with Babybel Original Cheese. Best for these allergies: Wheat, Fish, Peanuts, Eggs, Gluten (sensitivity)
- Crispy & Crunchy: Mott’s Sliced Apples with Pirate’s Booty Veggie Snacks. Best for these allergies: Milk (allergy/ sensitivity), Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts,Tree Nuts, Eggs, Gluten (sensitivity).
- Yogurt & Berries: Stonyfield YoKids Squeezers with fresh Strawberries. Best for these allergies: Wheat, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Soy, Eggs, Gluten (sensitivity).
- Nuggets & Dip: Perdue Simply Smart Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets with Heinz Ketchup. Best for these allergies: Milk (allergy/sensitivity), Wheat, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Eggs, Soy, Gluten (sensitivity)
- Rich & Creamy: Chiquita Banana with JELL-O Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding. Best for these allergies: Wheat, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Soy, Gluten (sensitivity).
- Sweet & Salty: Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Cheese Crackers with Dole Fruit in Gel Cup. Best for these allergies: Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Eggs, Soy.
- Piece ‘a Pizza: Freschetta Gluten Free Cheese Pizza. Best for these allergies: Wheat, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Soy, Eggs, Gluten (sensitivity).
You can also use the coupon database to look for coupons to help you save on these items. The Monthly Coupon Matchups are another great resource. You can view all the Organic and Natural items at BJs in a list here.